Books, Books and more Books!

Bedtime Reading
In previous posts, I had emphasised my son's iPad habits. I hope I did not give the impression that he gets uncontrolled time on handhelds. On the contrary, I am always displeased about the amount of time he spends on iPads, Xbox and phone. But considering the generation he is in, and the fact that I was a young gamer as well (I started when I was 11, in 1985), I doubt I can stop him. But as I say, controlled moderation is the best. Ever since school had started, he has his iPad time cut down. Now, he is turning increasing to reading.

He is reading a kid's version of Hamlet
He is the third generation of readers in my family. My father is an avid reader. Even now he reads a lot - which can be very stressful for more. He keeps passing these books to me expecting me to read them. But then, he's retired and u still have a full time job! 

My son has proven to be an early reader. I read that this is because he's a late talker. I guess that is God's compensation for him? 

A Marvel comic compilation - Avengers?
He loves reading about science and that is so unlike me though. Other than a couple of books by Stephen Hawking and Stephen Jay Gould, I have not ventured into science. I was more into J.R.R Tolkien, Raymond E Fiest and Guy Gavriel Kay. 

In fact, I am completely not into science. I did not study science beyond O levels. He's is more like my wife, who studied science subjects up to A levels. 

I am hoping to interest him in other genres. I bought him some books on Greek mythology last year. He seemed to quite like it though science books have taken his interest recently. I will definitely try my best to get him interested in literature. Even Chinese literature! 
Science Books
There is however, one problem though. When he is reading, he is equally engrossed in it. Talking to him when he is reading is like talking to him when he is playing his iPad games. Another bad habit for us to control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son is a Youtubber!

Wither technology?

A once-off journal