June Holiday Vacation Part 1



Cousins

Yet another late blog post - how do people blog when they are having so much fun?

Is the Lego and Police arresting him?
C3PO and him

The Knight

Anyway, for this holiday, we went to two places - LegoLand Malaysia and Batam. It was our 4th trip to LegoLand Malaysia. Since it is our fourth trip, I got nothing much to say with regards to the theme park itself. We have been to most of the rides that we want to go. We have even visited one of their newer attractions - Star Wars, twice. However, I just want to mention two things. One, we saw this tie-up between LegoLand and Star Wars regarding their robotics programme. It seemed really interesting, but since my son is only 7, we passed. Two, we finally went into this attraction that we missed the last three times. It was a "build your car" attraction and race against your friends. It was a blast creating our lego cars and racing each other and other strangers to see whose car has the best design. It is not as simple as it seems - I had failed cars (cars that did not move!). My son enjoyed it a lot, together with his cousin. 




But other than the theme park, there was a water park, and it was our first attempt. In fact despite talking about the theme park first, we actually visited the water park first. The kids wanted to do it first because the last time we were there, we visited the theme park first, but my wife fell sick, and we left early. This time, we will not be stopped!

My son outside the hotel
I did not take many photos, as I was in the water most of the time. However, it was a very fun place to be. And most importantly, it signified a big leap for my son. He had always been reluctant to go for thrilling rides. With a combination of threats and sweeteners, we managed to get him to go on one of these rides and after that he graduated to more 'high-level' ones. While he did not go for the most thrilling ones, it was great that he has overcome one hurdle. 



After two days in Legoland, we went to Batam. It was more of an eating trip as the highlight was the seafood lunch and dinner at an open-air dinning place (though we sat at the only sheltered area). The one thing that not good at Batam was the fact that I did not close my data roaming (I forgot) and allowed Lucas to use my phone. The bill has not arrived, but the SMS notifications said that it was $500! Lesson learnt. My hard-earned money has been converted into use data for my son's gratification. Sigh.

Overall, despite the monetary loss, I was quite pleased with the trip. The highlight for me was the fact that my son managed to overcome his fears and take more thrilling rides. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son is a Youtubber!

Jump! Jump!

A once-off journal