Transformers Exhibition - My son got dragged along

Optimus Prime

I took my son out of childcare this Monday to bring him out for a day of fun. I know I will never do this when he is in Primary school, but since this is only Kindergarten, it is alright.

My wife also took leave, and we had planned to go somewhere together. At first we wanted to go to LegoLand, but decided otherwise because we already had a LegoLand trip planned in December. It seemed to excessive to go there now.

Anyway, I decided that we needed to go see the Transformers exhibition. We had sort of missed it when we were in Macau in June. When I said 'we', I mean my son and me. I had to go off in the middle of that trip because I was busy with my school's holiday programme and I did not stay behind to bring him to visit the exhibition. As you can guess, my wife's motivation to go to see Transformers is zero (actually, her motivation to see the things Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones is zero as well). Needless to say, she was very happy when I dropped her off at JEM for shopping while me and my son proceeded to Singapore Science Centre together.

My son was excited when I told him that we were going to see the Transformers exhibition. Even though I think his understanding of the entire concept of Transformers is a bit iffy. True enough, during the exhibition, he did not really care about the different generations of Transformers. He did not bother about the toy collection (he was never enamoured with Transformers toys, for some reason). But he liked the big 'real life' representations of Transformers.  We did go and see the movie and the movie was at the scene when the parents of the hero (I cannot remember his name) asked him if he was masturbating. I nearly died in my seat. My son actually wanted to ask about that word, but I distracted him. I am not going to talk to him about that when he is six, and certainly not in a cinema where big robots were shooting at each other!

Sometimes, I do not understand my son. He has some sort of passing interest in Transformers, but certainly not the passion he showed for planets or Minecraft. So I wonder if the trip was actually something I wanted to go or a place he wanted to visit himself. Nevertheless, when asked, he tells us cheerfully that he enjoyed the day. I guess, he did have fun colouring a board of Optimus Prime and taking photos with the models of Transformers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son is a Youtubber!

Spelling Again

Jump! Jump!