Introduction to the blog

The idea behind this blog festered at the back of my head for quite some time.

It began when I started to think of teaching my son, Lucas. Now, I am an experienced secondary school teacher. Ask me how to write an argumentative essay or understand a difficult comprehension passage and I can give you some tips. But teach a 5 year old the basics of phonics, letter recognition, spelling etc... Truly, I can tell you that I was lost.

As I did research on teaching my son, I came across many educational resources. I really learnt a lot. The research told me that childcare and primary school teachers needed to put in lots of efforts. Maybe, even a bit more effort than a secondary teacher. Secondary school teachers polish gems to make them shine. But childcare and primary school teachers create the gems.

Anyway, I will be writing about my journey in learning how to teach really young kids. I enjoy researching and applying this knowledge. I hope you can all join me in this journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son is a Youtubber!

Wither technology?

Jump! Jump!